Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Not My Little Boy Anymore

I wish time moved like it did when I was a kid. It seemed like it took forever to get to the weekend or when Christmas would be here. But when you grow up things change. Today is one of those days that reminds me just how fast time flies by.

Red is 10 today. I have to sit and let that sink in. He is no longer my little boy but starting to become a young man. He's the big kid now. The sweet face that greeted me 10 years ago still makes me laugh today. He is a one of a kind kid and all boy.

Over the last decade I have watched him play sports,
IMG_6518

build a derby car with his Poppy and win 2nd place,
 IMG_5555

become the a big brother and protector over the little ones
 IMG_6569

and most importantly, this year he joined the family of God.

IMG_3905

Happy Birthday Red! We love you!

IMG_6403A

4 comments:

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

He is such a cutie! Time sure flies, doesn't it?? (LOVE that 1st pic, btw)

Melissa said...

Thanks! I wish I could figure out how to get it to slow down.

Anonymous said...

What a handsome little guy!! I was just starring at my one-and-a-half year old woddling around the house today, and it struck me "Wow. I'm gonna wake up one day and he'll be 10 years old, and I'm gonna remember this day vividly." Time just goes so fast!!

Melissa said...

I can tell you it goes by faster than you think.