Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Moving Reminder

At Back to Bethlehem, there was a short clip that was shown after viewing the live nativity. I have seen this clip so many times but it always gets to me. This is the entire video but our minister of music took bits and pieces of it to show.



The video plus the song brings it so real to me. Amazing.. that one word describes Jesus so well. It's amazing that God allowed His Son to come down as a human, to live among us and then to take our place on the cross. Amazing that He could have called an army of angels to rescue Him, but He choose to die for us. Amazing is the love that He has for us.

As I watched this video it was all I could do each time to hold back the tears. To first see that innocent baby lying there and then to see the clip showing his life as an adult was at times too much for me. It made me think of my own two boys. I can't imagine me freely giving them as God did His Son to take the place of us on the cross. There is no way that I could, yet that is exactly what God did for us over 2000 years ago. Amazing is the only word that can describe what He freely choose to do for us.

I pray that we remember that there is more to Christmas than gifts, decorations and parties - there's the birth of the One that gave His life for us.

No comments: