Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

A Wonderful Early Christmas Present

This past Thursday night, I had to privilege of talking to Red about his salvation. He has been asking questions for quite some time now. Thursday night he started asking and was worried about if Christ returned Friday then he would be left and he didn't want to be left. It was then I knew that he was ready. We used a witnessing aid that was given to him a few years ago when he played Upward football at one of the local churches. After we read it and discussed it, we prayed together and he accepted and trusted Jesus as his Saviour. I was so excited. Today we went and discussed this decision with our pastor who confirmed that he knew and understood things. I know that my daddy is not here, but I know that he is rejoicing in heaven because another one of his grandchildren is saved.

Now we just have to decided when he is going to make it public. See Red is terrified of getting up in front of people. Playing sports is no big deal, it's the standing up and people looking at you while you look at them. But we assured him that I would be right there with him. I joke that one day God is going to call him to preach because of his fear of being in front of people, but you never know. I am just praising God that he is saved.

2 comments:

McKt said...

That is amazing news. I am so happy to have a new brother in Christ! Praying the confidence of Christ as he shares with those around him.

Melissa said...

Thanks!