Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Life is like Baseball

It's baseball season around here for us which got me to thinking. Life is a lot like baseball. Life can throw us some pitches that are wild, curves, change ups or fast balls. But like the game of baseball, we have to decide what we are going to do when it's our turn to bat. Will we step out of the batter's box and run from the pitches? Will we stand there and watch them go by praying we get 4 balls and take the easy way on base? Or will we dig our feet in, watch the ball and take our best swing? I know there have been more times than not I have been the first two choices - fear, worry, insecurities keep me from stepping up to the plate. For that I am ashamed.
Almost 30 years ago, I was saved on the last night of summer camp. 30 years is a long time. Here lately God has been dealing with me and showing me it's time to step up to the plate, dig my feet in and get ready to swing - to take my best shot trusting Him as my batting coach to teach me when to swing. See if I go up to the plate relying on my own abilities I will strike out or get a blooper up the middle and get lucky to get on base. But if I rely on my Father, He will not only show me which pitches are good but will help me hit one every time. It's time to stop relying on myself and start relying on Him more. Time to step up as a child of God and start standing up for what is right in this World despite what people think or how they react.
It will be scary - I know I will doubt myself over and over but I know without a doubt that if it lines up with God's word it will be right.

No comments: