Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Another Crazy Weekend

This weekend just flew by and probably because we had so much going on. Friday night the kids and I went to watch my nephews play basketball while JC went to coach the church's youth basketball team. Saturday morning we got up and headed to the gym to watch Josh's first basketball game of the season. I have to say that my little man did pretty good. His dribbling is getting much better but we need to work on taking shots. At times he would dribble and have 3 kids all over him when he pulled up his dribble. He was shorter than all the kids around him so at times he would throw it out as best he could. He had a great steal and took off down the court.
After his ball game, Josh left with his best friend to spend the night with him. We took Maggie down to the dam to see all the gates wide open. She thought is was so cool until it started to rain some. I then had to drive her to an extra gymnastics practice so that she could learn her new floor routine. Her routine is to "Splish, Splash, I was Taking a Bath" and it was too cute. I video taped her doing it and will try to post it up when I figure out my new video camera that I got for Christmas. We got home and played Scrabble with JC's mom after supper. When she left, JC finished up for her. It was too funny - he download a free dictionary app for my phone so that he could look up words. Of course I had to help Maggie out some and she won. I told her that I was not helping her out again.
Sunday we met some friends in Alabaster for lunch and to see the movie "Bedtime Stories" with Adam Sandler. It was pretty funny. Josh got upset that he missed the movie because he was at his friend's house, but he was having a ball when I called before he left. The two boys were running around outside pretending that they were hunting and Josh's friend's dad made a fire so they played around it. Josh was tired and clingy when he got home last night.
All in all, it was a good weekend. One that went by entirely too fast. I have to enjoy this weekends as much as possible because I miss out on having fun with them when they have to go to their dad's. Oh how I wish that they didn't have to go but that is the way it is now. It wasn't the kids and my choice but one we have to live with. But God used a bad situation for the three of us and blessed our lives with JC.

No comments: