Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

What a last few days

The title of this post says it all. I got to work Wednesday and about 2 hours later got a text message from JC letting me know that he didn't think it would be that much longer. I sat there working for a few minutes and then felt like I needed to go and be with JC. I am so glad that I made that decision, I got there about 12 and his daddy went to be with the Lord about 20 minutes or so after I got there. JC, Kelly (his sister), and I were sitting in the den with his daddy. JC was playing a game on my phone, I was working, and Kelly was doing puzzles when Kelly noticed that she wasn't hearing him breath. She went over to their daddy, and realized he was gone. It was such an answer to prayer - he went so peaceful. We were all concerned that the cancer would reach the main artery and he would bleed to death, which is far worse for the care takers than the patient.
Today we had the funeral and tomorrow we have graveside in Tifton, Georgia. Today we said goodbye to and celebrated the life of a Godly man. JC's daddy was at peace with God and life. They were married almost 40 years. When JC's mom would call home JC's daddy would say "Hello darling". He would wake up and walk her out to her car when she left for work and greet her when she would come home from work. He treated her the way that a man is supposed to love his wife - he loved her as Christ loves His Church.
I pray that JC and I can have the marriage that they had. My parents have been married over 47 years and I am thankful for having their marriage to watch and learn from and thankful for having another great example of a Godly marriage in my in-laws.
He suffered for so long but suffers no more tonight. He is with His Lord and is whole again.
When you go through things like this you realize who your friends truly are. And I have to say that the over whelming support that we have received during this time has helped us more than anyone can ever know. The prayers were felt today. Thank you so much for all that you guys have done. God is so good. And the title of my blog says it all - We are a blessed family.

No comments: