Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

One Year Ago Today

Today is a hard day. This day one year ago we lost JC's daddy to cancer. And even though I only knew him for a short time, I am blessed to have known him. He treated everyone fairly and accepted my kids and me into their family as though we were his own. He loved my kids and never once treated them like they were his step grandkids. He thought the world of them - he loved Maggie to death and Josh always made him laugh. He loved his wife and treated her like she was a queen. He loved his son and daughter as only a daddy can and would do anything in the world for them.

He was a hard, working man.Even though the last year and a half of his life he battled cancer that didn't slow him down. He continued to work around the house doing odd jobs and would even come to Josh's baseball games even when the sun was out because he wanted to watch him play. They bought a house and the back deck was not big enough nor did he like the stairs. So he while taking chemo, added onto the deck and redid the back stairs.

When Josh was in boy scouts, he gave Jesse a ring off a burned flag because he was a veteran. Jesse carried that around in his pocket and was buried with it. I didn't know that he carried it around with him all the time but this is the type of man he was. He didn't do things for show and loved the Lord.

The babies missed being born on his birthday by one day. He would have loved them so much and I wish he could have been here to see them. But God had other plans and even though we don't always understand, we know that He is in control. Jesse is missed everyday. I miss his jokes and smart comments he would make - I miss his laugh - I miss him. We all miss him. Today I am praying for JC and the entire family because I know that today will be hard. But I am so blessed to have known him and have him touch my life.

No comments: