Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Front yard baseball

Now that the weather is nice, playing outside is what we look forward to all the time.  Yesterday, my nephew and his precious girlfriend stopped by for a few minutes and before long a game of baseball in the front yard started.  I didn't get to play since it was time for the babies to eat.  I must say that it was quite comical watching all of them play. 

The boys were winning when they had to quit.

After dinner, my redhead and I went outside for a little baseball game of our own. Being the competitive person that I am I had to try to win the game.  We played two long innings because things get long when you are the only one chasing balls and running bases.  My son was introduced to ghost runners.  I did feel bad because I left one small thing about ghost runners out and that was the fact that if you tag a base where a ghost runner is going before the person batting actually got to base the ghost runner was out.  Yes I left that part out because then I couldn't have gotten as many points.  I told you that I was competitive.

We had a great time but I can tell that I am so out of shape. But nothing cures a little back issue like some good ole Motrin. I have really got to get in shape.

No comments: