Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Powerful Devotional

Tonight as the kids and I read our nightly (ok, we have been slack here lately but we are getting back on track) devotional and it was on Joseph.  The story that went along with our verses was about a little girl who was abused by her mom.  She prayed for God to bless her mom and help her not to be so mean to her and her brother.  After we finished, my older two asked me what the little girl was talking about - what was abused?, why was the pinch marks blue?, and on and on.  It broke my heart that I had to explain what happens in some families and how that there are kids in their schools that maybe in the same situation.

My heart broke at the thought of the kids that are abused every day in this country and around the world.  I look at my four beautiful children and fathom how anyone could be so hurtful to one so innocent. I pray tonight for all those children who are suffering.  I pray that God will take care of them and provide them with a way out.  And I am so thankful to have been raised in a home that was filled with love from my parents.

No comments: