Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Not So Happy Ending

A day that started out with such high hopes and dreams, ended with a broken heart and tears. To an 11 year old girl making cheerleader was everything. One day I know she will look back and see that it wasn't the end of the world, but for a short time the pain and disappointment is oh so real.

It has been a long week. Tonight when I saw her sweet face my heart just broke. The pain on her face was very real. I hugged her for just a second until she looked at me and said that she just wanted to leave. This is the hardest part of being a mom. Every bone in my body wished I could take all this away and make things the way she wanted but I couldn't. It was one of the many hard spots in life my precious child will endure.

As she cried, I cried with her at times. But I reminded her that God has something planned for her this year. He has something He for her that cheer would be in the way of. I believe that nothing in this world happens by chance. Everything flows through God's hands and everything has a place in His hands. So I truly believe God has something in mind for my daughter. What that is I don't know, but He does. She will rise from this a stronger young lady from this. But tonight it hurts and I hurt with her and for her.

2 comments:

McKt said...

Poor Mags and poor Momma. That is so hard on everyone. Glad she is handling it with grace, which I'm quite certain is something she learned from her momma. Romans 8:28, it wasn't is purpose so he has something better.

Melissa said...

Thanks! She says that she is going to try again next year. He definitely has something planned for her this year that cheer would have gotten in the way of.