Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent

Lil' Mama has some friends that are Catholic and have told her what they are giving up for Lent. Last night she said that she was giving up something for Lent - sweet tea. At first it was coke which wouldn't be a huge sacrifice but sweet tea is another story.

I think it's great she is giving up something this year, but this got me to thinking "why wasn't I giving up anything?" At first I thought about giving up sweet tea with her but since I started this diet with The Hubs I have cut by on having sweet tea. I felt this had to be something that would be a sacrifice - something I would definitely miss. So after giving it some thought this afternoon, I have decided to give up coffee. This should be interesting since I have 2-3 cups a day. If my Lord can sacrifice for me, I can give up coffee for a little bit.

1 comment:

bizspouse said...

That's impressive Melissa. Hannah and her husband are giving up all visual media. I'm still pondering.
Mags set the bar high. Good for her.