Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

My Little Book Worm


Growing up, I was not much of a reader - in fact I didn't like to read. But as an adult, I have grown to love to read. After my youngest was born, I started reading the Harry Potter series and fell in love with them. So when Maggie asked to start reading them last year at this time, I said "Sure why not." Well little did I know that in within a year, she would read all seven books in a year. The last book she read in less than a month. So she has turned in my little book worm. To discipline her at times, we take reading away from her and she falls apart. Just last week I took the book away from her for two days and she fell apart. Now she doesn't know what to read now that she has read all the books. I think she is going to start the Chronicles of Narina next - at least that is what she said a few weeks ago.
Now Josh wants to read the series and took book 1 with him today to school. He is starting a little early on the series but he wanted to read it so it can't hurt him.

No comments: