Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Two More Blessings

Well now that I have reached 12 weeks I can officially tell everyone that we are having twins. We had our second doctor visit today and everything was great. The babies both measured exactly where they were supposed to and their heartbeats were strong. Our families are excited. My daddy has been wanting to tell people ever since we found out a month ago but I wanted to make it to 3 months before I told the kids. When I called my parents today, they set off telling people.

While we were at the hospital, we stopped by the gift shop and bought the kids shirts - the Big Brother/Big Sister shirts. When I got home tonight, we told the kids to close their eyes that we had them a surprise. After playing a couple of tricks on them, we laid the shirts out and told them to open their eyes. Maggie looked at the shirts and neither one of them could figure it out. Maggie asked "How is Josh going to be a big brother?" JC walked over to me and lifted my shirt just enough to show my growing belly and the kids went nuts. They said "A baby?". When we told them that it was twins they started jumping up and down. Josh kept walking over to me and hugging me and putting his head on my belly. They asked all sorts of questions for the rest of the night. Josh even told me that he was going to be in the room when I had the babies. I assured him that he would not. He was worried that I wouldn't love him as much when the babies got here. I assured him that my love for him would never change and that he would always be my "little man" and "doodlebug".

I am looking forward to making our family of 4 a family of 6 in a few months. I just pray that God will protect the babies and my kids. They are going to be great with them and JC is going to continue to be the wonderful daddy that he is. So not only will this blog tell of adventures with the two we have now, but will tell of the adventures of the two growing inside me. We just think we are busy now.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Congratulations! So many blessings! There is something about Luckie and twins though. They're rampant.