Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

A Comical Start to My Day

What I thought was starting out to be a good morning quickly turned into quite the morning. It all started out fine. One of the babies got up around 2:30 and was back down by 3, and the other one got up at 4:45 and was back down by 5:15 or so. JC was watching the babies while I started getting ready. I turned the bathroom light on and JC asked me why I had to turn the big light on. Of course I had to have it on to put on my makeup and his response was "it's not like you put enough on to make a difference". Needless to say, he started some major back tracking and quickly dug himself out of that hole. He said that it just didn't sound like that in his mind.
So after that blow (LOL), I began making bottles and fixing the kids' lunches for the day. As the kids are eating breakfast, my oldest daughter proceeds to tell me in the sweetest and most sincere voice "You know Mama, that extra fat you have from the babies doesn't look that bad. I kind of like it". Let's just say that after the way I told her "thank you", she won't be mentioning the "extra fat" again. I felt bad that I used that tone all of us wives have used with our husbands when they say something along these lines. Tonight I will politely explained to her why we don't say things like this. But I am glad to know that the "extra fat" doesn't look that bad.
After all of that, I am just glad that the Roc commercial didn't come on TV so that my son could tell me that I needed it to get rid of all the wrinkles around my eyes.

2 comments:

becca said...

how funny. and kids always think they're being so sweet! for what it's worth, you look fabulous!

Melissa said...

Thanks Becca! I think I actually hurt her feelings and plan on apologizing tonight. But she was so sweet.