Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Boy of Fall

I love the new song "Boys of Fall" by Kenny Chesney. If you haven't heard it, the song talks about Friday nights during football season. We are not playing high school football yet. We play on Saturdays. And I have my own boy of Fall.

IMG_2724

We are not doing that well as a team, but Red is loving playing ball. He was in on a score during the last game and he was so excited. We lost but he was excited that he got to be in on a score. That one comment made me realize that it's all about them playing and learning the game of football.

IMG_2768

We are parents want to get caught up in the records and take things very seriously. I have to admit that I am like that to at times because I am so competitive. I don't like to lose but I have to remember that these are kids. Yes they want to win but they are playing ball. They are learning the game that they see the big boys play every Saturday. They are more worried about what number they will be because they want Mark Ingram's number or Bo Jackson's.

They were recognized before the start of our local high school football game and all the boy were so impressed and excited.

IMG_2826

IMG_2829

The high school players would walk by and they would just look at them like they were professional players. The boys watched warm ups before the game. Some played around and others watched like it was the biggest game they had ever been to. But kids look at things that way. Before I know that will be him playing high school ball. Oh I am not ready for that. I want to slow time down but there's no way to do that.

I try to take pictures of him during his game but when I am fighting the twins keeping them under control, it's hard to get any. I will miss this when it's over, but I will always love my Boy of Fall.

IMG_2537

No comments: