Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remembering Those Who Serve

Today is Veteran's Day - a day to remember the men and women who have fought and died and are fighting for our country. As I was driving in to work today, I was listening to the Opening Drive on JOX - yes I have become addicted to listening to a bunch of people who have never played a day of football in their lives call in and give their wisdom on what the coach needs to do. This morning they played the speech from the movie Patton where he talks to the troops while standing in front of the American flag. If you have seen the movie you know what part I was talking about. As I listened to the speech, it reminded me of something that I already knew - we are a blessed nation. It made me think of the sacrifices that our men and women in uniform make everyday - whether here at home or over seas - so that I may live in a free country. So many times we go about our lives thanking for granted the freedoms that we have in this country of ours. I pray that we never lose this freedom and never take one day for granted that we have to exercise that freedom.

We also need to remind our children of the sacrifice of our troops and what it took to make this country free - not only today but everyday. So many children today do not even have a clue about the history and foundations of this great nation of ours - and that is a shame.

So not just today but anytime you see a veteran or a man or woman in uniform, take a moment to stop and thank them for their service. I would like to say thank you to all of you that have served and the families of those who have served. Your sacrifice will never be forgotten.

No comments: