Pages

Monday, November 3, 2008

Election Day

Tonight as I read the kids' their nightly devotional, I was reminded that God is the only One who will never let us down or leave us. While others around you and the government may let you down, God is and will always be reliable. The verse we read was found in Isaiah 41:13 "For I the Lord your God hold your right hand; I am the Lord, Who says to you, Fear not; I will help you!" Before I read the devotional to the kids tonight I was scared of what the results of tomorrow's election may bring, but now I know that no matter what God is still in control and that He will be there no matter what. This country is the greatest country in the world. I am thankful to be living in a country where I can worship my God without fear. It is my prayer that God will continue to show mercy to this country and that He will not remove His protection on this country.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Very nicely put. I prayed this morning as I stood in line for everyone that would be standing in line today.