Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Let's Get Ready to Rumble

Today we went to the doctor for another check-up and yet another ultrasound. There was only one person today doing them so it took a little longer than usual. But when we got in there we didn't realize that we were going to be in there for a while. Things have changed since the last time that I had a baby which was 8 years ago. Now at or around 20 weeks, they want to check everything and take pictures of it for the record. When you have two, then things can take a while.

First up was our little boy. He was quite cooperative and showed us everything we needed to know. We saw him one time with his fists up but when we looked right above him we saw his sister and she was kicking him. We got to see his arms, hands, legs, heart beating - everything. He measured a little bit bigger than she did. He measured around 20 weeks and something while she was at 19 weeks and some days.

Next up was our little girl, who I have discovered today is rather stubborn. I have no idea where she would have gotten that from. We were able to see everything for her today but her face. She is in a breech position and had her face turned to my spine and would not look around for anything. The lady tried to get her to look around and she wouldn't. She was moving like crazy so I have to get another ultrasound when I go back so that they can check her out again. It seems that my doctor is very detailed in what he wants to know about the twins.

But they looked great. Here are some pictures from today. I was hoping for a video but the new machines that the group I go to now has doesn't have a way to copy the video. So I guess I will be doing the 4D and taking the kids some this summer so that they can see for themselves.

No comments: