Pages

Friday, November 6, 2009

Half Full...

This week at times has been very trying. I have caught myself at times complaining about the lack of time and things in general. When it totally hit me that I have nothing to complain about. I have 4 beautiful healthy children, a great dog, and a husband who loves me for me. I have decided to look at everything as "half full". So I may not have the big house, the nice cars, the nice clothes, a house full of furniture (but I can tell you that my house is full), or anything along those lines. But what I do have is first of all a relationship with my Lord and Saviour that is humbling to even think about and blessings that are too many to count.
So when I start to complain about the house being dirty, I will be thankful that I have a house over my head - when the kids are getting on my last nerve, I will be thankful that I have 4 healthily kids because there will come a day when they will not live with me anymore and the silence will be deafening.
I hope that this week, we will all step back and look at ourselves and what we have and not compare ourselves to others. For when we compare ourselves with others, nothing will ever be enough for us.

No comments: