Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

How can you say no...

Maggie came home from school with a note for "Lunch with Someone Grand", which is Thanksgiving lunch with the student and then a trip to the Book Fair. She showed it to me and instead of doing her usually "it's okay if you can't come" line she says all the time she showed me what she had written on the back.
When I saw what she had written I had a tear come to my eye. It was so sweet - how could one of us say no. Things worked out that JC is off next Friday so he is going with her. He had planned to go fishing but is going to have lunch with his "Big Sweet Pea" instead. She was so excited. And I was reminded again why I love that man so much. A lot of guys would keep their plans and not even think twice about it, but not JC.

No comments: