Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday Morning's Update

Well it's been over 3 weeks since Daddy went on the vent. Yesterday they found that he had a leak in his lung but the lung has repaired itself. The human body is an amazing thing. Everything as of this morning is the same - really no change. His white cell count has come down is around 30,000. No big progress but more importantly no steps backwards.

Last night I was telling the kids that I was going to run down to the hospital to see their Poppy. Josh asked if he could go. When I told him no, he asked why because he wanted to see his Poppy. Poor thing - I haven't told them everything that is going on and it's been over a month since they have seen their Poppy. On Valentine's Day, my daddy always gets Mama, my sister, Maggie, and me flowers. So this year, JC got Mama some flowers from all of us. As we were getting them ready, Maggie got real upset because she realized that she wouldn't be getting any flowers from Poppy. My heart just broke because I too had been upset because I wasn't getting my annual flowers from my Daddy this year. It's been really hard on the grandkids not having their Poppy around. He is a very important part of our family. He is the one that can always make you laugh and make you feel so loved. I pray that God heals my Daddy soon down here and he is back home with all 6 of his grandkids.

No comments: