Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday's Update on My Daddy

Today I got to go and see my daddy (or diddy as I say it). His blood sugar is good and blood pressure is holding it's own. The doctor's lowered the vent to 65%. There was little change in the chest x-ray while his white cell count is coming down. But he is a very sick man. It's hard everyday to go and see him and know that he has a long road ahead of him. Some things get better and then it seems that something else goes wrong.

My daddy is a strong man - the cornerstone of our family - we all depend on him and love him so much. It's my prayer that God will choose to heal my daddy here and that he will get well and come home to us. I also know that God may choose to call my daddy Home to be with Him. It's the unknown that scares me but I know that I must trust my Saviour with tomorrow. I can only see right now - but He can see tomorrow and on down the road. It will be 4 weeks Thursday that he went in to have his surgery to fix his stomach. Never in a million years would I have ever guessed that we would be where we are today, but my Lord knew. He has placed the right doctors and nurses around us that have been a blessing and help to us. One of his doctors came in on his day off to check on my daddy and mama. My God is good.

There is a family of a man that is in ICU that we have gotten to know and he is not doing well. Please pray for this family as they face this difficult time ahead. And that the family will peace and strength during this time. As we talked to his daughter today, she had hope because her daddy was saved and knew that he was going to be with his Saviour when the time came. What a blessing and hope that she has. And it was that hope that she was clinging to. He was stable when we left today, so I pray that he will have a good night and that his family will also.

No comments: