Pages

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Wow... what a busy day. We are finally home and didn't even leave town. We had Christmas at home and then headed to my sister's for breakfast. Then for lunch is was off to JC's parents and then supper at my parents. I can say that tomorrow we will be staying here and hanging out all day. I think it only took the kids a minute to go to sleep.
We all had a wonderful Christmas. I personally received too much - Maggie got me a train to go around the Christmas tree and Josh got me the Guitar Hero game. JC got me way too much - an iPhone, which I can't get until Dec 28th and a new video camera. He is a wonderful husband and not because he got me all those things. He thinks of others before himself.
I hope that the rain holds off some so that we can get the kids' new basketball goal up and have a little fun with that.
With everything going on, it is easy to forget the reason for the season. May we all during this busy time remember that Christmas is more that just giving and getting gifts - it is about the One that was born over 2000 years ago in a manger.

No comments: