Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

What a day

Let me say that is has been nice having the day off with my kids and my husband. JC spent part of the day over at his parents' house which the kids and I totally understand why. We (the kids and I) decorated the gingerbread house and got a last minute present.
Then about mid afternoon we headed to get Josh's best friend to come and spend the night. Let me say how much I love his best friend and his family. Once we got home, our best friends and their little boy came over to have Christmas together like we do every year. Nothing like good chili and fellowship with good friends.
After they left, the kids and I sat down for about 2 hours and played board games. It is times like this that I miss when they are gone to their dads and I know that I will miss it when they grow up. Tomorrow my two head to their dads for about a day and then come home late Christmas Eve. I really wish they didn't have to go but I know that they need to have Christmas with their dad.
I just miss them so bad when they leave. It just seems like I am missing out on so much of their lives. This is not how I intended to raise my kids when I had them but we don't always get to choose our path in life. But I am thankful that I have two beautiful children to miss and have been so blessed to have them in my life.

No comments: