Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

New head coach


After days of wondering who would get the job, Auburn introduced the new head coach yesterday and I have to say that I have mixed feelings about it. He seems to be a nice guy and previous players seem to like him, but his two years as a head coach have me shaking my head in disbelief. I hope that we are all wrong and he is a very successful coach at Auburn, but will the Auburn nation give him time to build a program? Or will he be our "Mike Shula" and fail miserably?

But as long as we are making changes at Auburn, is there anyway that Jay Jacobs and Bobby Lowder can hit the road? I see Jay Jacobs as not being "the right fit for Auburn" and Lowder, well he is just a man with a big ego who thinks he can always buy and get what he wants when he wants it and in my opinion, that is what is hurting Auburn.

But nothing we can do about the hiring now - it's over and done with. All we can do as Auburn fans is suck it up and get behind our coach and try to ignore the loud roar of laughter from the Alabama fans. And trust me when I say that the laughter is loud, because I had to listen to my husband's laughter last night. WAR EAGLE!!!

No comments: