Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Great Start to the Morning

This morning as I went downstairs to the mall to get some sweet iced tea, there was someone working on the elevator. The panels were open showing all the wires and I commented that it didn't look good and that my daddy had worked on elevators for year. The man asked me who my daddy was and when I told him he had only good things to say about my Daddy. He said that they still talk about how him and how strong he was. When I mentioned the "Bill Wrench" which is a post I will write about later, he just laughed and knew exactly what I was talking about. My Daddy was short but was strong as an ox. He could not say enough about him. He talked about how good of a man he was and how much he was missed.

As I walked away, I felt so honored to know that my Daddy was so respected by those that worked with and knew him. Daddy would have loved to come down here and have lunch with me and these guys. It would be so much fun to sit around and listen to the stories, most of which I probably couldn't repeat.  He was a joy to all those who knew him.

No comments: