Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

One of Those Moments

Have you ever had that moments when you feel the weight of the world on your shoulders and feel like there is no way out from underneath it only to remember there is One who take that burden away - One who wants to take that burden off of us and handle it Himself? For me that moment came today.

I have a tendency to be super mom and want to do everything myself. I am not one to ask for help very often. I know that God tells us in His Word that we are to bring our cares to Him. This is possibly the weakest area of my faith at times. I know without a shadow of doubt He is there for me, comforting, protecting, guiding me. What I have a hard time with is giving up my worries and cares to Him and that is so stupid when I know that He knows best.

So today I gave him all my worries and cares to Him again - job, family, just life in general. Every time I get to this point I feel like He is looking down on me not to judge but to say "see just let me handle it and you just go on about doing My business. I love you". And then the weight is gone, life doesn't seem so overwhelming.

2 comments:

becca said...

i think that's probably a tough one for many, many people. i know i struggle with it as well.

but it IS amazing how much better you can feel instantly after laying it all at His feet!

nomo wino daph said...

I hope today is better for you sweetie.
(((HUGS)))

I am with you though b/c although it's so hard, we have to remember to Let Go & Let God. {remind me of this later when I need it, lol}

xxoo