Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thankful on a Thursday

This coming Tuesday the babies turn 1. As I watched the older two playing with the babies this week, I couldn't help but think about how much life was different this time 1 year ago. I was big as a cow; I shudder just to think of it. Life was a little simpler. The two little ones that are walking and crawling all over the place were still little things in me.  My daddy was still here.

This day I am thankful for my four healthy children, my best friend who I get to spend the rest of my life with and the upcoming birthday of two precious babies. I am thankful for the little things in life we often overlook - the smiles, the kisses, the sound a child makes while they sleep - simply the time we spend together as a family.

We may never have the biggest house, the nicest furniture or the best money can buy, but what we do have is our Lord and love for each other.We have laugher and our health.

IMG_2366

Oh this day I have so much to be thankful for it seems silly to ever complain again. Yet the sad part is, I will complain again. I will complain about things that really don't matter in this world. If our house doesn't sale anytime soon and we are here for a while, is it really that bad. If we don't do this or go there, is it really going to be a big deal in 10 years. No I don't believe so.  The only thing that will matter is the memories that we make and the lives that we touch each and everyday.

Here's a little video of a little bit that I watched this week. I love my kids!

No comments: