Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Another Update on My Daddy

This morning when my sister and mom went to visit him, Daddy was very tired and didn't look as good as he did yesterday. So the doctor decided and Daddy agreed that he needed to be put on a ventilator. This was tough to handle at first but I know that this is what is best for him right now. He is tired and using the breathing machine was just causing a lot of work for him to breath and talk. Now he is resting well. It appears that he has pneumonia, which they will be able aggressively treat now with him being on the ventilator. We don't know how long he will be on the ventilator - it could be three days or a week - only God knows. His a tough man who walks 3 miles a day. He has battled cancer, open heart surgery, diabetes due to cancer, and getting a pacemaker so I know he has the fight in him.

It's hard to sit and see him like this. I wish I could twitch my nose and make him all better, but it doesn't work that way. I have faith in God that He is the ultimate healer and that in the end He will get all the glory in this. Please continue to pray for healing and comfort for my Daddy. We so appreciate all the prayers and kind words from everyone.

No comments: