Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Typical Brother and Sister

My older two just kill me sometimes. They love each other to death, but always seem to pick on the other one at any given time of the day. This past week on vacation was no exception.

We attempted to take some family pictures on the beach late one afternoon. The younger ones swam and played most of the day without a long nap so they were not in the picture taking mood that I had hoped for. We all do it, we set expectations of things that we hope for and have it all planned out only to realized that life rarely plays out like it does in our heads. Needless to say I didn't get all the pictures I wanted this year.

But what did come out of the attempt was some great candid pictures of the older two doing what they do best - picking on each other. In fact, they get in trouble all week for all aggravating that they were doing to one another.

IMG_2225

I was actually rather comical to watch them and the expressions on their faces. My red-head would stick his tongue out and my oldest would curl up her nose at him

IMG_2227

As I watched them and took pictures, I couldn't help but think how time was flying by and they were growing up. It just seems like yesterday that I was showing them the ocean for the first time or teaching them to swim. I couldn't help by smile and think about how blessed I was.


I hope that one day when they are older that all four of my kids will be close and realize the value of family and each other.

No comments: