Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Little things, big emotions

It's amazing how little things that come up in life bring up memories of my daddy and I miss him all over again. For years, my daddy worked in the elevator business in construction and as a service mechanic. He retired from Dover back in the late 90s.

Just a few minutes ago, there were a couple of service guys here working on the AC in our building. I heard them talking and all of a sudden I could hear my daddy and him working on things like he did. I could see him wearing work clothes - his navy blue pants and light blue shirt with the Dover patch on it. It was like he was right here. I am fighting back the tears. This little, passing thing brings to the surface what I am able at times to bury - the hole that has been left because he is no longer here. I miss his smile, laughter and most of all his hugs. People say that time heals, but right now I believe it may take a life time to heal.

No comments: