Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Reality Check Today

Every now and then we all need a reality check - that one thing that makes you wake up and see things for they truly are. Today I saw a tweet by a friend "strange how moved you can be by someone you've never met. sweet @LaylaGrace went to be with her saviour today. please pray for her family." I was wondering who @LaylaGrace was and it was then I received my reality check. She is a 2 year girl who was battling cancer that lost her battle early this morning. As I read her mom's blog (http://www.laylagrace.org), tears flowed down my cheeks. I can't imagine the pain that comes from watching your child suffer and die from cancer.

As I read her latest blog post, I began to think of my own complaints and problems. Compared to what these parents are going through, I have no room for complaint. My issues are little - things that can be repaired with a little work, but these parents will have a scar and heart break that will last a lifetime. I pray for this family even though I don't know them. I will relish my time with my four kids and my family. I will strive to complain less about the squealing, busy schedule, dirty diapers and everything that comes with having four kids. There will come a day when the house will be silent and I will wish that I had it all back.

No comments: