Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Snow 2010

I realize that the "big" snow event for this year was a few weeks ago, but I am just getting around to posting about it. We love the snow and I was excited to get home and play with the kids in it. We didn't build a snowman, but had a blast throwing snowballs. We got some video but will have to upload that later.











Every time it snows, it reminds me of the fun I had as a kid at home. My daddy worked construction and had some big pieces of plastic and carpet at our house. He would take a piece of the plastic sheet and some carpet and make a sled. We would all get on the carpet and he would run partly down the hill in front of our house and then sling us which would send us flying down the hill. Those were some of the best times. All the roads in the neighborhood would start clearing but the one in front of the house because we were sliding down it so much. As tired as my daddy was, he had a blast and kept slinging us down the hill until we were cold, wet and ready to go back inside. And he would get just as excited about snow as any kid would. Which is why this past snow we had while he was so sick brought tears of joy and sadness to me. Tears of joy because of all the great memories and tears of sadness because I knew that I would never share a snow fall with him again on this earth. I miss him. Here are some pictures from a snow when I was in high school.


Our snowman we built with the neighbors


My sister and I with our Diddy

No comments: