Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Learning the Preamble

This morning as we were getting ready for school, my daughter told me that she needed my help. She had to memorize the preamble before Thursday for school.  Remembering my school days from many moons ago, I told her to get the School House Rock DVD.

When I was a kid, we would watch School House Rock in between cartoons and thus I learned the preamble.  To this day, I still remember the preamble but the only thing is that I can only see it - can't say it.



JC told me that I was saying (singing) it wrong because I was leaving "of the United States" out.  I didn't remember that chorus to the song being "we the people of the United States" so I said he was wrong.  After looking it up in her history book, I was corrected and discovered that I learned it wrong but that was the only part left out of the song. I am still going to have her learn it by watching School House Rock and just remind her to add in "of the United States" at the beginning.

Here is a link to the video to bring back some memories. Enjoy!

No comments: