Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

3 years ago today

Today 3 years ago I married my best friend. We dated for 3 years before getting married almost to the weekend that we met. Our best friends were getting married and tried for a while to set us up. They had functions for the wedding and we would miss each other at all of them.

We finally met at the rehearsal. He was the best man and i was the matron of honor. He had already met my kids through our friends and they loved him, especially my red head.

One thing led to another and we started dating and got married 3 years later.

Now here we are 3 years later with 4 kids and a life I could have never imagined. I now know what it's like to be with someone who loves me for who I am - warts and all and trust me I have some warts. Someone that i can trust at all times and through no matter what. We have been through a lot in our short 3 years with both of us losing our dads. But God knew that we would need each other and JC made the long road I had this year so much easier. We can both understand how each other feels and that makes things easier to deal with.

Happy anniversay to my best friend. God blessed the older two and me when He brought you into our lives. I love you and look forward to growing old and gray with you.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

becca said...

aw, happy anniversary melissa! hope you guys have a great day :)

ashley said...

How sweet! Happy anniversary!!

ashley said...

How sweet! Happy anniversary!