Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Goodbye to a Old Friend

Last Friday I had to say goodbye to someone I loved dearly. Shadow, our sweet dog for over 13 years had to be put to sleep. He has started not eating or drinking on Wednesday and come Friday morning he could barely walk. The vet examined him and thought he felt something but in order to confirm anything it would involve alot of tests. I wasn't about to let him go through all of that so I had to make the decision to have him put to sleep.

It was very hard to say goodbye to my buddy who was always there to greet me when I got home and was always by my side when I was upset. When I went thru my divorce and the times after that, he would sit next to me when I cried. He actually didn't like it when I cried and would lick my tears to let me know it was okay. As big as he was, he would never hurt anyone unless he thought you were trying to harm the kids or me.

IMG_6916

He was the best friend and protector to the kids.

P4100124

My redhead and him had the same color of hair and before he got so gray, it was too cute to see the two of them next to each other. In just the short time that the babies have been here, they loved him and would get excited when they saw him out the backdoor.

As hard as it was to say goodbye, I wouldn't trade all the good times we had with him over the years to escape the loss that we have today. This year seems to have been filled with a lot of goodbyes and hurt, but the memories will last a lifetime.

The backyard is empty and seems rather strange for him not to be there.Old friend, you are still loved and will be missed.

IMG_7943

No comments: