Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

A Stroller and Car Seats

We are looking for a good double stroller but one that will fold up smaller than most so it won't take up the entire storage area in my car. I found this one the other day but still not sure about it.



I ran over to BuyBuyBaby which is a store I don't need to visit very often to save my wallet from being abused. I was a little overwhelmed by the different types of strollers but what really blew my mind were that car seats. OMG!!! That purchase will require some research and money saving. I know it's been a while since I had to buy a car seat but I had no idea of how things have changed. Wish me luck finding the right car seats since we will be needing two in the next couple of months.

6 comments:

Pam said...

We have two different kinds for Sophie: one is Gracie's old Alpha Omega. I love that car seat and it has held up really well. It also turns into a booster seat when they hit the magical age of 3.

The second we have is a Cosco Scenera. I read a lot about this one and a lot of people called it the "budget-friendly Britax). They have a lot of different colors and are readily available at Wal-Mart, Target, Sears, KMart, etc. Hope you find something that works well for you guys!!

Melissa said...

Thanks Pam!

McKt said...

We have Evenflo Triumph for both Eli and Colin. Got it with Eli and loved it, so I knew it is what I wanted for Colin. It has higher weight limits than the costco one we had for Walker. It adjust incredibly easy (important in coat wearing season) because all the adjusters are external and the cover can be removed to wash without having to remove the seat (huge plus when potty training). I paid $120 for Colin's on amazon when they were discontinuing a fabric choice. Highly recommend.
http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=15139668&

The jeep double stroller is ok, but not great. I bought a used one and the wheels just never seemed to work right. We rented a combi side by side and I loved it, would have loved one of those with 2 under 2. It was really easy for them to get in and out of when they were older.

Melissa said...

I saw that car seat today. I appreciate it. It's been a long time since I bought car seats so I was clueless.

Melissa said...

Which Comi did you rent that you liked?

McKt said...

Oh, it wasn't a combi it was this one.
http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=115561&RN=7032&
$399. craigslist maybe?

If I were in your spot I would sell the tandem style and put the $ toward a really nice side by side. By the time Eli was 18 months I really needed for him to be able to climb in and out of the seat himself.