Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Painting

My girl and I had a great time the other weekend painting. Our church sponsored a Mother/Daughter painting class one Saturday afternoon. It was similar to what everyone does at Sip n Strokes. I had to go and get her from her dad's and so enjoyed the time in the car with her talking about life and things in general. Moments like that these days are precious.

We started out with a blank canvas with only the outline drawn in pencil for us. I must admit I was a little nervous about this and how it was going to really turn out. She was ready to go and got into the painting.

IMG_1585

After painting and following along, we went to this....

IMG_1607

It took a few hours to complete and I must say I was impressed at the great job my girl did. She was so excited and wanted to do another one. She had a tendency to compare hers to mine but i told her it was about it being her design, not trying to look at mom's.

We had a wonderful time together without all the other kids around which is rare. I look forward to the one on one times I can grab here and there with the kids.

IMG_1610

No comments: