Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Praying for a Cure

It seems like it's everyday I hear on the news, from others or on Twitter of another child fighting for their life against cancer.  Someone posted about praying for little Ellie - a eight year old fighting stage 4 cancer who was losing the fight. My heart broke as I saw the pictures of this beautiful little girl.  You can see pictures and read her story here http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elliepotvin.

It's so hard to understand why some children have to go through this battle.  As a parent, I can't imagine the pain that these parents go through who have to sit back and watch their child fight this horrible thing.  My heart breaks for them.  They have to sit by helplessly as their child suffers.  Parents have hopes and dreams for their children - their first step, the first date, driving, prom, graduation, etc. My heart is heavy tonight for Ellie's family and all of those who have children righting for their life tonight.

While I pray for this family I thank God for my own children - for protection from this terrible disease. I hug my kids even harder tonight. I pray for a cure, but I know that God has a plan for something great. His ways and thoughts are higher than ours. It's easy to sit back and tell others that God has a plan and purpose for everything but a hard thing to understand when you are right in the middle of it.  But if we are His, then we and these families have hope.  And in times like these, hope is what we need.

No comments: