Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer

Summer is here. Time for spending time playing outside only to realize at dark just how late it is and that no one has eaten supper. It's the time of year for catching fireflies (or lightening bugs as I said as a child and still do) at night and just spending time relaxing with your family. To some, it's their favorite time of year.

For me, it's the time of the year that I dreaded. My older two have to go o their dad's more over the summer which means numerous days without seeing them. This is not what I wanted when I had them. I wanted to wake every possible day to see their smiling face, hear their laughter, feel their hugs and kisses - just experience all that life has to offer. I never intended for it to be a time when their rooms are empty, no dirty clothes, just quiet from their rooms. That day will come on it's own. But this is different. This is something I didn't choose - it was choosen for my family.

Yes I am being selfish in a way wanting them all the time, but what mom wouldnt feel this way that truly lived her kids. Yes I know they need to go see their daddy. But what I know is all this time I miss with them I wil never get back. It's not like a dentist appointment that you miss, you can always reschedule and do it again. This is life - we get no do overs, no second chances. So if you are one of the few it seems these days that has your kids all the time, stop for a minute and thank God that you do.

I praise God for all four of my kids. I treasure each and every moment I have with them. Even though I miss out on days with the older two, I am humbled at how much He has blessed me with.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Pam said...

I'm praying for you Melissa!! I know it will be hard, but I know our God will see you through this quieter time.